Let's talk about this touchy subject of weight and feeling depressed.
I know for myself that when I am slightly over my normal weight even if it is just a couple of pounds I start to feel sluggish and not too happy.
I don't know one woman who doesn't feel depressed about her weight at some point. If they say they feel 100 per cent all the time, then they are lying.
True story -- quite a few of my clients have shed quite a few tears over their weight.
Let me tell you that the instant remedy for wiping tears is a good sweaty workout. If ever you are caught in the moment where you feel super crappy then just put your running shoes on and do a quick workout.
But in the meantime, if for you it is a daily struggle, then here are some ways to feel better about your weight.
How to Stop Feeling Depressed About Your Weight
1. Realize that weight doesn't define you -- This can cause a war in your head because you are thinking about your body as a projection of who you are. You have to remember that there is a lot more to you than your body. You are a woman with a mind, soul, heart and a personality which takes years of shaping. The exterior is just a shell that presents itself to the world and can be modified. And lucky for us, it takes a few weeks to reshape! :)
2. Look at Inspirational Stories -- How about all the people on Biggest Loser TV show? Some of those stories are unbelievable. Losing up to 120-150 lbs is like losing a whole human. I'll tell you another story. My client Nancy lost 60 lbs while being a student in university and seeing me only once a week. She worked out on her own two other times a week, I just gave her a program and kept her motivated. This girl set her mind to it and did it. Going from 180 to 120 was quite an accomplishment trust me. She did it, so can you!
3. The Past Does Not Dictate The Future -- Yup, just because you might have been carrying extra weight in the past doesn't mean that the future is set out to be that way as well. This rule applies to everything in life. Tomorrow is always paired with hope and as long as we have another tomorrow then there is always possibility for a change for the better.
4. Realize That You Can Do Something About This Starting Now -- Action is the key to any outcome. If you want to lose weight then you need to make a mental note and commit. That is the first step to taking action. Don't lose this battle with yourself!
5. Start -- The best way to feel better about our weight is knowing that you are trying our best and doing something about it. So if this means something as small as cutting out that cookie or going for a walk then do it because it is a step forward.