VANCOUVER - Police say charges have been approved against two more people suspected of participating in Vancouver's Stanley Cup riot last June.
Last week, police announced the first batch of charges laid against 25 people suspected of offences ranging from taking part in a riot to arson, theft and assault.
Insp. Les Yeo says the latest charges, which include participating in a riot and mischief, are against 19- and 20-year-old men, one from Surrey and one from Coquitlam.
Yeo notes that of the 27 people charged, 23 have either turned themselves in or been arrested, with the latest arrest happening this morning.
He says the Vancouver Police Department's integrated riot investigation team has received additional resources from a squad dedicated to tracking down hard-to-find offenders.
Rioters burned cars, smashed windows and looted stores on June 15 as the Vancouver Canucks lost the final game of the Stanley Cup playoffs to the Boston Bruins.