With the London Olympics nearly over— and after a staffing debacle that called Olympic security into question — the private contractor in charge of Olympic security says it has made good on its numbers.
That means some military personnel have been called back from Olympic venues and put on standby.
Although security contractor G4S failed to provide the 10,000 workers it was contracted for, it is now sending more than 7,000 workers to Olympics venues each day.
G4S spokesman Adam Mynott told AP on Wednesday the numbers matched what the company promised the British government last month.
After G4S admitted there would be a shortfall due to training and accreditation snags, the British military had to provide extra personnel for the games.