Det. Phil Campbell told reporters that police are actively investigating four reported attacks:
- An Aug.19 attack on a 24-year-old woman walking alone near Bloor and Christie streets.
- Another Aug. 19 attack on a 25-year-old woman walking alone near Bloor and Grace streets.
- An Aug. 28 attack on a 16-year-old girl walking near Christie and Clinton streets.
- An Aug. 29 attack on a 26-year-old woman walking alone in the area near Bloor and Grace streets.
In each case, the victim was approached from behind and sexually assaulted.
The suspect in all four cases is described as a black male with a medium, but stocky build. He is believed to be between 5’7” and 5’9”. He has short black hair and victims have described him as being between 17 and 35 years of age.
Campbell said the suspect wore a light-coloured shirt and red shorts in the Aug. 28 and Aug. 29 attacks.
Attacks in July could be related
Police are also probing two other sexual assaults that occurred in early July, further south of the locations where the attacks occurred in August.
- On July 4, a 19-year-old woman was attacked while walking alone in the Spadina Avenue and College Street area.
- On July 6, a 23-year-old woman was attacked while in the Augusta and Dennison area.
Like the attacks in August, the victims were approached from behind and sexually assaulted.
The suspect in these attacks was described as a six-foot black male with short black hair. He wore black clothing and is believed to be 25-40 years old.
Campbell said it is not clear if the suspects are one and the same, though the attacks and the suspect description are "similar."
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at 416-808-7474, or to call Crime Stoppers at 416-222-8477.