Most British Columbia MPs voted down a controversial motion to reopen a debate on when human life begins, but the only members from the province who supported it came from the governing Conservatives.
Overall, B.C.'s federal representatives voted 19-13 against Motion 312, a private member's motion by Tory MP Stephen Woodworth to study the definition of a human being in the Criminal Code. Tory MPs from B.C. voted 13-8 in favour of the proposal.
The Tories' sole Vancouver MP, Wai Young, opposed the motion, while her Richmond colleague, Alice Wong, supported it.
NDP MPs Fin Donnelly and Peter Julian were not present for the vote. They were in their ridings for a hearing on electoral boundaries and could not get back to Ottawa in time.
In Kelowna, Okanagan-Coquihalla MP Dan Albas voted against the motion, while Okanagan-Shuswap MP Colin Mayes voted in favour.
Here's how B.C. MPs voted on Motion 312:
- Ed Fast - Abbotsford
- Mark Strahl - Chilliwack-Fraser Canyon
- Richard Harris - Cariboo-Prince George
- Nina Grewal - Fleetwood-Port Kells
- Ron Cannan - Kelowna-Lake Country
- Mark Warawa - Langley
- James Lunney - Nanaimo-Alberni
- Colin Mayes - Okangan-Shuswap
- Randy Kamp - Pitt Meadows-Maple Ridge-Mission
- Bob Zimmer - Prince George-Peace River
- Alice Wong - Richmond
- Russ Hiebert - South Surrey-White Rock-Cloverdale
- John Weston - West Vancouver-Sunshine Coast-Sea to Sky Country
- Kerry-Lynne Findlay - Delta-Richmond East
- Wai Young - Vancouver South
- Cathy McLeod - Kamloops-Thompson-Cariboo
- David Wilks - Kootenay-Columbia
- Andrew Saxton - North Vancouver
- Dan Albas - Okanagan-Coquihalla
- James Moore - Port Moody-Westwood-Port Coquitlam
- John Duncan - Vancouver Island North
- Kennedy Stewart - Burnaby-Douglas
- Randall Garrison - Esquimalt-Juan de Fuca
- Jean Crowder - Nanaimo-Cowichan
- Jinny Sims - Newton-North Delta
- Nathan Cullen - Skeena-Bulkley Valley
- Alex Atamanenko - British Columbia Southern Interior
- Jasbir Sandhu - Surrey North
- Libby Davies - Vancouver East
- Don Davies - Vancouver Kingsway
- Hedy Fry - Vancouver Centre
- Joyce Murray - Vancouver Quadra
Also on HuffPost