In the wonderful world of fashion, everyone — and everything — is connected. We’re taking a look at who and what made waves over the past seven days, and we're weaving a common thread between 'em all. From sneaker-clad ingénues to designer baby announcements, this is your one-stop style-story shop.
1. Uniqlo. One week before the launch of its U.S. ecommerce site, Uniqlo, the home of the perfectly fitted $20 jeans, has said it may move its entire digital team from the company’s headquarters in Japan to San Francisco (specifically, close to the high-tech hub Silicon Valley). Now the real question is, will they be shipping to Canada?
Do you know another foreign retailer we wish would hurry up and move north of the border?
2. Target. Or more specially, the Neiman Marcus X Target holiday collaborative collection, which features such gems as a pair of Derek Lam leopard-print slippers and celestial holiday ornaments designed by Rodarte.
Do you know what other collaboration we can’t wait to get our hands on?
3. Maison Martin Margiela For H&M. We got our first look at the whole coveted collection earlier this week; the results of this unlikely partnership between the prolific Belgian designer and the Swedish fast-fashion monolith were not disappointing. Billowing white puffer coats for everyone!
Do you know what other fashion icon likes clothes with a generous cut?
4. Iris Apfel. This feisty 91-year-old designer and documentary-star posed for the November cover of Dazed and Confused and blew all those pretty young things out of the (newsstand) water. Never has an oversized turban looked so chic.
Do you know what other stylish documentary star is upping her profile?
5. Rachel Zoe. The reality TV star of 'The Rachel Zoe Project' isn’t settling for just one show — nope, she wants mo’ Zoe. The pint-sized stylist to the stars and her husband Rodger Berman recently sold an as-yet-unnamed semi-autobiographical comedy show to a pair of producers who, clearly, agree the world needs mo’ Zoe.
Do you know what other reality TV mogul is turning her real life into fiction?
6. Tyra Banks. Loosely based on her journey from teenage model to small-screen superstar, Tyra Banks’s new sitcom is titled 'Fivehead', which is apparently slang for people who have large five-fingers-high foreheads (like TyTy). Maybe we can finally find out how “smizing” and the “booty tooch” came into existence.