We're big fans of the saying, "an outfit is not complete unless your nails are done."
Okay... Maybe we made that saying up, but it certainly rings true for a lot of us.
Which is why, as we transition into fall, we thought we'd take a look at some of this season's hottest shades (yes, that means it's time to put away the summery neon tones your sported).
The team at Tips Nail Bar in Toronto gave us the skinny on this season's must-have polishes. Which one will you reach for at your next manicure appointment? (You can also grab these fantastic shades at your local department store beauty counters.)
1. Estée Lauder Black Turquoise is a black-ish blue. Not to be confused with a bruise.
2. Revlon Vixen is the sultry oxblood shade for fall.
3. CND Bloodline is a deep cherry red and goes with everything.
4. When forest green meets silver shimmer you get MAC Midnight Tryst.
5. YSL Midnight Blue, a dark blue with a hint of shimmer, has us thinking of the perfect party dress to go with it.
6. You can never go wrong with Dior Perfecto, a combination of smoky blue and grey.
7. NARS Black Room, from the Andy Warhol Color Collection, is a jet black creme polish. Simple and chic.
8. Lancôme #453 Infusion de Prune, from the Midnight Roses Collection, is a deep plum.
9. Revlon Brilliant Strength in Enthrall, a metallic green-gold, is a little bit magical.
10. CND Copper Chrome is an orange-y copper shimmer and would go nicely with your next pumpkin spice latte.