Vancouver police are advising members of the public about some simple steps to keep thieves from targeting their cars over the holiday shopping season..
Motorists are advised to:
- Lock items in their trunk.
- Not leave any possessions visible in their car.
- Not to make multiple trips to their car to drop off their shopping.
- Disable their trunk latch so it can't be opened from inside the car.
- Report suspicious people to police.
So far this year, there have been nearly 7,500 thefts from cars in the city.