01/21/2013 04:07 EST | Updated 03/23/2013 05:12 EDT

Quebec election night shooting court case delayed a 4th time

A hearing to determine whether the man accused in the Quebec election night shooting is fit to stand trial has been delayed for a fourth time.

One of the psychiatrists who assessed Richard Henry Bain wanted to address the court in French, but no translator had been arranged. After a long delay waiting for a translator, the hearing was adjourned.

The Crown had wanted to ask the psychiatrist about reports from two other specialists who assessed Bain during his stays at the Rivière-des-Prairies detention centre and the Pinel Institute following the shootings.

Bain, who wore a dark blue blazer, a white button-down shirt and handcuffs often interjected in today's proceedings by raising his hands and demanding to talk.

The accused, who seemed eager to continue with the case, asked his lawyer why the psychiatric assessments from the other two experts were necessary.

"There's nothing in the report, why use them?" he asked. "Why do we have to see them? I didn't talk. Put them aside and let's proceed."

Presiding Judge Jean-Paul Braun decided to delay the procedures once again to allow all parties to consult the reports, which were not produced in court.

Bain is expected back in court on Jan. 28.

Court procedures were delayed in December because Bain refused to undergo a psychiatric assessment in French.

During his next court appearance, Bain requested the assessment report be translated in English.

Last week, Elfriede-Andrée Duclervil, Bain's lawyer, asked to question psychiatrist Chantal Bouchard, but she had to delay her appearance due to illness.

Bain faces 16 charges, including first-degree murder, attempted murder, arson and weapons violations stemming from a Sept. 4, 2012, attack that took place at the Montreal Metropolis during the Parti Québécois' victory rally.

One man was killed and another seriously injured.

Premier Pauline Marois, who was on stage when the shootings occurred, has said she believes the incident was an attempt on her life.