What's worse than locking yourself out of your hotel room? Locking yourself out of your hotel room while naked.
Such was the apparent fate of one unlucky guest who briefly stepped out of his room to leave some dirty dishes out for hotel staff to pick up. What would have been a mundane enough task quickly became a traveller's nightmare after the man forgot to bring his room key with him.
That, and the guy was wearing nothing but his birthday suit, if you believe this video-gone-viral.
The man's misfortune was apparently caught on the hotel's closed-circuit cameras, with more than two minutes of footage spliced together that was later uploaded to YouTube. It's so outrageous, some viewers have raised doubts about its authenticity (see below).
Highlights of the man's cheeky adventure include:
- The naked man dealing with other guests while waiting outside his room.
- The naked man trying to hide his shame with his dirty dishes
- The naked man entering an elevator to get down to hotel reception
- Said elevator being occupied with a mother and her young child
- The resulting conversation between the naked man and hotel staff
Readers can watch the video in its entirety below but some have been quick to point out that it's a sequence of events that seems almost too good to be true, voicing their doubts as to the video's authenticity in the comments.
What do you think? Too good to be true or just a series of unfortunate (albeit hilarious) events? Let us know in the comment section below or via Twitter @HPCaTravel.
Also on HuffPost