Police say Harvey Riach will be living in Vancouver after spending more than six years in prison for aggravated assault.
Police say Riach has a lengthy criminal history that includes convictions for other violent crimes.
"He poses a risk of significant harm to vulnerable people, including substance abusers, sex workers, and others with whom he may come into contact," according to a police news release.
The Correctional Service of Canada has assessed Riach as a high risk to reoffend.
Riach is described as white, 5 feet 8, and weighing 218 pounds. He has long grey hair, a grey beard and mustache and green eyes.
His tattoos include an eagle on his left forearm, a bird on his right forearm and a panther on his right upper arm. Police said Riach must abide by the following conditions:
- Not to be in contact with any sex workers.
- Not to possess or consume alcohol or any controlled substance.
- Not to enter any establishment where alcohol is the primary commodity of sale.
- Not to be outside of his residence between the hours of midnight and 6:00 am daily, except for the purposes of employment.
- Not to possess any weapons.
Anyone witnessing Riach in violation of any of these conditions is asked to call 911.