The lone game tonight in the NHL playoffs has the Pittsburgh Penguins aiming to eliminate the New York Islanders, and we have all the info you'll need ahead of the Game 6 clash on Long Island, plus news and notes from the rest of the playoff teams.
Here's a list of things you need to know, which we'll update throughout the day:
- Tonight's game at Nassau Coliseum features two of the three Hart Trophy candidates for 2013, Islanders sniper John Tavares and Penguins captain Sidney Crosby.
- What is Tavares's game plan to push the series to a Game 7? If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
- It looks like Pens goalie Tomas Vokoun will get another crack at the Islanders, after shutting them out in Game 5. Although he says that game is the furthest thing from his mind.
- Speaking of Hart Trophy nominees, what do the Chicago Blackhawks think about not getting a nomination?
- The Bruins will get their second chance to knock off the Maple Leafs on Sunday in Toronto. Will Wade Redden be back in the B's lineup?
- Maple Leafs fans were justifiably excited after the Game 5 win over Boston, but these Leafs fans in Toronto took things a little too far.
- Talk about a home away from home. Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle told reporters on Saturday that his team is going to check into a 'mandatory hotel' on Sunday afternoon ahead of their Game 6 vs. the Bruins in Toronto.
- Carlyle also expects his team to face some mighty angry Bruins after the Leafs 'poked the bear' in Game 5.
- Mark Fraser isn't practising with the Leafs after taking a puck to the face in Game 4, and if this is indeed a CT scan of the defenceman, it's no wonder why he's taking some (much deserved) time off.
- Did you go to bed early and miss the result of Game 6 between the Kings and Blues? Are you wondering if the Kings advanced? Yes. Yes they did.
- The Rangers have scored two goals in three games on the road against the Washington Capitals. While that's not good, what's worse is that neither have come off the stick of Rick Nash or Brad Richards, who have been ice-cold for the team in their 1st-round series.