After trading 4-1 victories in Games 1 and 2, the Detroit Red Wings return home to host the Chicago Blackhawks for Game 3 on Monday night, with Hockey Night in Canada's coverage beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET.
But there's still plenty going on around the league. Here's a list of things you need to know, to be updated throughout the day:
- Captain Serious is in a serious slump. Jonathan Toews scored 23 times during the regular season, but is mired in an eight-game playoff slump. Since the Hawks lifted the Cup in 2010, Toews has just three goals combined in three postseasons.
- The Hawks are set to have Michal Handzus and Viktor Stalberg in their lineup for Game 3. Now it's just a matter of what line they are on.
- On Sunday, the Senators needed the man from The Rock to be their rock in overtime. Tim Wharnsby spoke with Game 3 double-OT hero Colin Greening, who was still having pieces of fibreglass pulled out of his face after he scored to end the longest game played in the 2013 playoffs thus far.
- Sounds like Greening isn't just a Newfoundland hero, he's got an admirer in coach Paul MacLean, too. Not be outdone, Kyle Turris got an anonymous note from a secret admirer or two.
- The #peskySens are living up to their billing, hanging around when it seems they shouldn't be.
- Daniel Alfredsson is probably still pretty chuffed about scoring the game-tying goal last night, but I'm sure he'd like to get off this list.
- Home ice has definitely been an advantage in the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
- Down 0-2 in their series vs. Boston, the Rangers will have to work with what they've got in terms of lineup for Game 3 at home on Tuesday.
- Ever wonder what's going on in the locker room or at ice-level during the playoffs? Listen to some of the best moments from Round 1 of the Stanley Cup playoffs.