1. Montreal's Half Moon Run has been on a steady rise since releasing their debut album Dark Eyes in 2012. Fresh off a European tour supporting Mumford & Sons, they perform Friday, opening for Of Monsters and Men at 7:30 p.m. at Esplanade du Centenaire at the Lachine Canal (corner of Pitt and St-Patrick streets).
2. Where else can you find a show starring 47 dachshunds in the roles of representatives of the UN Human Rights Council? Festival TransAmériques sets the stage for thought-provoking performances until June 8.
3. It turns out that one isn't the loneliest number. This weekend, the second-annual One Man Band Festival brings you the wild, the wacky, and the wonderful solo artists who do it all by themselves (until May 26).
4. So you think you're bilingual? That's not a question, it's a comedy show where Anglo and Franco comedians try their routine in their second language. Friday night at 10:30 p.m. at the Comedy Nest.
5. On Sunday, 34 Montreal museums will open their doors to the public free of charge! The widely popular Montreal Museums Day runs from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Free shuttle services will be provided by the STM. One word of advice:patience. Besides, lineups are a great way to meet new friends!