VANCOUVER - Vancouver Police have issued a warning about a so-called recreational drug after two teens and a young adult ended up in intensive care from overdosing at a dance party.
Sgt. Randy Fincham says police responded to a disturbance outside the party on Friday night and saw an unresponsive 20-year-old man being carried out by friends after he'd apparently taken GHB, commonly referred to as liquid ecstasy.
After paramedics took him to hospital, police found a 15-year-old boy who also appeared to have overdosed on the same drug, and he was also rushed to hospital.
A few minutes later, police saw an unconscious 14-year-old girl foaming at the mouth after ingesting GHB and she, too, is now recovering in ICU.
Police are encouraging parents to talk to their kids about the harmful and potentially lethal effects of consuming drugs such as GHB.
It's used as an anaesthetic in medical settings and is typically manufactured in basement drug labs for sale on the street.
Also on HuffPost