Every Friday, CBC Montreal’s Homerun arts reporter Pierre Landry brings you the top five things to see and do in Montreal over the weekend.
Here are Pierre's picks for July 12, 13 and 14.
1. Festival Nuits d'Afrique presents Balkan Beat Box at Le National on Saturday at 9 p.m. Meanwhile, Kassav' returns to Montreal with a show at Metropolis on Saturday at 8:30 p.m.
2. MontréalComplètement Cirque wraps up this weekend with many free outdoor presentations along St-Denis street, near Emery Street. Other free events take place on the grounds of La Tohu.
3. Shaun Majumder hosts The Ethnic Show, presented by Just For Laughs. It features Gary Gulman, Fahim Anwar, Arthur Simeon, Cristela Alonzo, and Ryan Hamilton. Until Sunday at Club Soda.
4. Repercussion Theatre is celebrating 25 years of Shakespeare-in-the-Park. This summer, the company presents A Midsummer Night's Dream. Coming soon to a park near you!
5. Montreal band Elephant Stone performs at Sala Rossa on Friday at 11pm. The evening will begin at 9pm with the premiere of the documentary Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me.