Fans reeling from the sudden death of "Glee" actor Cory Monteith are heartbroken once again after his cause of death was revealed on Tuesday.
Twitter user Kenda Kistenmacher expressed her disappointment on learning the popular actor's death was drug-related:
The Calgary-born, Victoria-raised actor died from “a mixed-drug toxicity involving heroin and alcohol,” confirmed Barb McLintock of BC Coroners Service in a news release.
Monteith, 31, was found dead in his room at Vancouver’s luxury Fairmont Pacific Pacific Rim Hotel after he failed to show up at his scheduled check out time.
He had been open about his drug problems in the past, revealing he often skipped school to get drunk and smoke pot.
“I burned a lot of bridges. I was out of control,”he told Parade in June 2011. When he was 19, his problems with alcohol and drugs became so troubling to his family and friends, they staged an intervention.
In March, he voluntarily checked himself into rehab for substance abuse treatment.
Here's how fans are reacting to the news of Cory Monteith's cause of death: