The newspaper says in a published report that Mohamed Siad, 27, sat in a car parked at an apartment complex on Dixon Road on May 3 and played the alleged video on a cellphone three times.
Siad was arrested in June as part of a sweep targeting gang activity, namely the Dixon City Bloods — also known as the Dixon Goonies — who police say centred their alleged criminal activity around apartment complexes on Dixon Road.
Siad was charged with 14 counts of conspiracy to commit an indictable offence, four counts of trafficking cocaine, three counts of participation in a criminal organization as well as four firearm charges.
The Star said the Crown attorney on the Project Traveller case would not discuss the Siad case, nor would police, nor Siad's lawyer, who cited solicitor-client privilege.
The newspaper has previously identified two other men arrested in the raids as those pictured in a photo appearing to also show Ford with his arm around homicide victim Anthony Smith.
Ford has denied the picture indicates he has ties to drug dealers, saying he takes pictures with a lot of people.
He has also said that he does not use crack cocaine and the alleged video does not exist.