08/10/2013 06:20 EDT | Updated 10/10/2013 05:12 EDT

Staff at Wakaw care home praised for dealing with a gas leak Sunday

WAKAW, Sask. - Staff at a long-term care home for seniors in Wakaw are being praised for safely dealing with a carbon monoxide leak.

Site manager Lynne Kohle says when the higher levels of the gas were noticed last Sunday staff immediately went into action.

Paramedics were called, along with the volunteer fire department and SaskEnergy.

Three staff and a resident reported they weren't feeling well, but no one needed to be sent to hospital.

The levels are back down to zero, but no specific cause was found so inspections are being scheduled for the fuel-burning appliances.

A carbon monoxide leak in 2010 at a care home in Humboldt contributed to the deaths of three long-term care residents. (CJWW)