Every Friday, CBC Montreal’s Homerun arts reporter Pierre Landry brings you the top five things to see and do in Montreal over the weekend.
The weekend has finally arrived! Here are some of the events taking place in Montreal on Nov. 29, 30 and Dec. 1:
1. L'Orchestre Métropolitain welcomes contralto Marie-Nicole Lemieux to La Maison Symphonique. Works by Britten, Wagner, and Mahler will be performed on Friday at 7:30 p.m.
2. The 26th edition of Image+Nation is now on, presenting LGBT films from around the world. It runs until Dec. 8.
3. Call it a tradition, Souk @ SAT is back for a 10th year. It presents the best of Montreal creations, just in time for the holiday season. It's on until Sunday, and admission is free.
4. Montreal's Elephant Stone bring their infectious brand of power-pop to Quai des Brumes. It's on Saturday at 9:30 p.m.
5. Raise your hands to the sky and be moved by the Montreal Jubilation Gospel Choir! They perform at Théâtre Maisonneuve of Place des Arts on Sunday at 8 p.m.