Toronto Hydro CEO Anthony Haines spoke with Metro Morning on Tuesday morning about the last few homes to be fixed.
“We’ve got our remaining 200 customers that remain without power, you may recall from 10 days ago we had about 300,000 out, so we made good progress,” Haines said. “But there are 200 that need to get those lights back on.”
Haines added that the second group of people without power are those customers who had to have repairs done to their homes and were disconnected from the system while the work was being done.
The brutal ice storm hit southern Ontario, Quebec and Atlantic Canada a week and a half ago, leaving hundreds of thousands of customers without power in cold winter temperatures.
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford said on Monday that he hoped all the power would be restored within the day, but now Toronto Hydro is now hoping to finish the job on Tuesday.
More private-sector donations had been secured to help compensate those who had to throw out food as a result of the outages, Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne said.