Canadian health care is the best in the world. At least, that's what we like to tell ourselves.
But the reality is that Canada ranks last among 11 OECD countries when it comes to wait times. And that's just the beginning of our problems...
- 1. Finding a family doctor takes forever
- 2. Specialists and hospitals don't talk
- 3. Hospital parking is SO EXPENSIVE
- 4. Doctors are too busy
- 5. Friends with doctors in the family get better service
- 6. We have to pay for drugs/dentists/vision care
- 7. And don't get us started on mental health coverage
- 8. Family doctors insist you can't use walk-in clinics
- 9. Preventative care takes a backseat
- 10. Moving provinces is a nightmare
- 11. It costs money to get a sick note
- 12. And to renew prescriptions over the phone
- 13. Doctors STILL HAVEN'T GONE DIGITAL
- Seriously, do they just hate computers?
- But even though things aren't perfect
- At least we'll always be better than them
- That is all
Also on HuffPost