If you're tired of people feeling sorry for you or thinking you're miserable on the so-called day of love, we hear you.
Valentine's Day is supposed to be about couples, but for some reason it often gets turned into a day of reminding single people they're alone. But this year, instead of being hard on yourself or people-watching couples at dinner (we all do it), embrace being single and everything that comes with it.
Single means freedom, and just like any other holiday, there's something amazing about saving money, buying presents for yourself and not having to worry about surprising anyone else with some brilliant romantic idea.
Here are the best things about being single on Valentine's Day. Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments below:
- The Holiday Of Love Is Upon Us And There's Often A Misconception About Single People Being Miserable On V-Day
- But Let's Get Some Things Straight — We're Not Angry At AllTumblr
- We Are Single And Fabulous. And This Is Why We Love V-DayTumblr
- We Don't Have To Come Up With Lovey-Dovey Texts To Send In The MorningTumblr
- THIS WILL NEVER HAPPENTumblr
- We Can Find Time To Snooze While You Romantic Folk Make OutTumblr
- We Never Have To Deal With Awkward And Sloppy KissesTumblr
- We Don't Have To Spend Money On Materialistic Garbage For Someone ElseTumblr
- We Don't Have To Worry About Making Dinner ReservationsTumblr
- Because This Can Suffice As A Valentine's Day DinnerTumblr
- Because We Don't Have To Be Tied Down To Hugging One PersonTumblr
- We Can Buy Ourselves Sexy LingerieTumblr
- Roses? Pfft. We Can Buy Any Kind Of Flower We WantTumblr
- We Don't Have To Worry About Making A Sappy Playlist For AnyoneTumblr
- We Don't Have To Worry About What We Smell LikeTumblr
- We Don't Have To Buy New Outfits Or Get Dressed That DayTumblr
- And You Think We Care About Your Recreations Of Cheesy Rom Coms?Tumblr
- No We Don't. And That Was So 2004.Tumblr
- Instead, We Will Spend The Day With The Person We Love The Most: OurselvesTumblr
Or follow us on Twitter