Last month Justice Susan Griffin issued a scathing ruling stating the province had violated teachers' Constitutional rights in an ongoing dispute between the government and B.C. teachers federation.
Griffen awarded the BCTF $2 million in damages for stripping teachers of their collective bargaining rights and failing to reinstate them when ordered by the court.
Last week the government announced it would fight the settlement with an appeal in court.
On Tuesday Clark addressed the issued for the first time in public, insisting her government "absolutely did not" try to provoke a teachers' strike as suggested by the judge.
"That was the characterization that was set out. I fundamentally disagree with that. It was not correct."
However Clark is refusing to release the cabinet documents the judge used as evidence to make her finding.
"I took an oath of confidentiality and those oaths exist for a reason, so I don't intend to break that oath," said Clark.
NDP Leader Adrian Dix says that's just not good enough.
"Actually going out as a matter of public policy and trying to provoke a school strike and they've been caught," said Dix.
Meanwhile bargaining between the government and the BCTF resumes Wednesday at the first meeting between the two sides since the court decision.