This article exists as part of the online archive for HuffPost Canada, which closed in 2021.

Last-Minute Vacations: 12 Amazing Adult-Only Travel Ideas For March Break

March Break isn’t just for kids anymore. After all, sun-starved, over-worked adults need to get away, too, and there needn’t be children or students in the picture to make it happen.

A 2013 CIBC poll showed that about 12 per cent of Canadians plan on taking a vacation in March. The other 88 percent are likely thinking and dreaming about it. And really, after one of the toughest winters on record, don’t you deserve a break? Think of it as a sixth-inning stretch that will keep you sane until spring decides to actually make an appearance.

Sun vacations are the top choice among would-be holidaymakers, but a fun-filled staycation or a weekend spent at a destination not too, too far away does wonders for the body and soul. Research backs this up: The health and wellness benefits post-vacation are profound with lower blood pressure, better quality of sleep and decreased levels of cortisol, a hormone connected to stress.

And if you need more ammunition to get your employer to sign off on some vacation time, parade the fact that staffers fresh from a vacay show higher levels of productivity. It’s worth a shot, right? If not, keep in mind that 29 per cent of Canadians have called in “sick” with the vacation “flu” at some point in time.

So, for all would-be holidayers, here are a few suggestions on where you should spend your precious time over March break:

12 Amazing Last-Minute March Break Escapes

Like this article? Follow us on Twitter

Follow @HPCaTravel

Suggest a correction
This article exists as part of the online archive for HuffPost Canada. Certain site features have been disabled. If you have questions or concerns, please check our FAQ or contact support@huffpost.com.