A warrant was issued for the 18-year-old, who did not show up for court Friday.
Charges against the boy, who was 14 when Barry Boenke and Susan Trudel were killed, were dropped last May because a judge ruled that undercover RCMP officers coerced him into confessing.
On Friday, he was convicted for telling the undercover officers during a so-called Mr. Big Sting that he wanted his girlfriend's husband killed.
Court heard that the woman, who is in her 30s, worked at a youth detention centre.
She’s scheduled to go to trial this fall on a charge of sexual exploitation.
Last May, court was told the case against the teen and another boy — with whom he had escaped from a group home — was wholly dependent on his confession as there was no forensic evidence linking them to the crime scene.
Boenke, 68, and Trudel, 50, were found beaten and shot to death on their rural property east of Edmonton in June 2009.
The two boys were driving Boenke's stolen truck when they were arrested.
Their trial was told undercover RCMP officers employed a sting in which they pretended to be members of an organized crime syndicate in order to win the trust of the accused and gain information from them.
However, the judge noted at the time the sting was run, the boy was 16, had no father, an absent mother, a history of sexual abuse by an uncle and had been diagnosed with numerous psychological problems, including an attention-deficit disorder and a probable case of fetal alcohol syndrome.
Queen's Bench Justice Brian Burrows said the perks the officers offered the boy — money, beer, access to a condo, tickets to a hockey game and a rock concert and a snowboarding trip to the mountains — meant the boy could have just been telling the officers what they wanted to hear in order to keep the good times rolling.
A first-degree murder charge against the other boy had earlier been stayed.