While the $7,500 US tickets for the actual TED2014 conference in Vancouver are sold out, the city has released a list of locations in the region where you can watch live streams of the influential talks.
This is the first time the non-profit, which stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, is offering the service in a host city.
The conference features world thinkers, business people, and scientists who deliver lectures on a topic of their choice in 18 minutes or less.
Hosted by Vancouver for the first time, the TED Conference runs Monday to Friday next week at the downtown convention centre. There is also a satellite event in Whistler.
Confirmed speakers include billionaire philanthropists Bill and Melinda Gates, musician Sting, B.C. anthropologist Wade Davis, and architect Moshe Safdie.
TED2014 Live Streaming Venues in Metro Vancouver
- BC Place Stadium, Terry Fox Plaza, Jumbotron outside, Vancouver
- Grouse Mountain, 6400 Nancy Greene Way, North Vancouver
- Vancouver Public Library, 350 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
- Surrey City Centre Library, 10350 University Drive, Surrey
- North Vancouver District Public Library, 1277 Lynn Valley Road, North Vancouver
- Port Moody Public Library, 100 Newport Drive, Port Moody
- Richmond Public Library, 100 - 7700 Minoru Gate, Richmond
- Coquitlam Public Library, 575 Poirier Street, Coquitlam
Colleges / Universities
- British Columbia Institute of Technology, 3700 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby
- Corpus Christi College, 5935 Iona Drive, Vancouver
- Douglas College, 700 Royal Avenue, New Westminster
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University, 12666 72 Avenue (Cedar 1240), Surrey
- Langara College Library,100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver
- Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby
- Makerspace at the UVic Tech Park, 4a-4476 Markham Street, Victoria
- The following locations at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver:
-Scarfe Building, 2125 Main Mall, Vancouver
-Cecil Green Park Coach House, 6323 Cecil Green Park Road
-Life Sciences Centre, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Room 1372
-Sauder School of Business, Angus Building, 2053 Main Mall, Room 165
-Sauder School of Business, Robson Square
Non-Profits and Community Centres
- Potluck Café Society, 30 West Hastings, Vancouver
- Trout Lake Community Centre, 3360 Victoria Drive, Vancouver
The TED live stream is also being shown at some secondary schools and other non-profit groups, and more locations are still being added.
Also on HuffPost