Toronto Fashion Week kicks off on March 17 and we can expect to see the style elite heat up the city thanks to their fashionable garb which no doubt will set pulses racing (namely, ours).
With the likes of favourites such as Pink Tartan, Joe Fresh, VAWK and Mackage plus newcomers Outclass and Brit Wacher, the tents at Pecaut Square will be filled with fall/winter 2014 trends that aren't your average black coats, toques and scarves.
So, what actually goes underneath the White Top? If you have images of Anna Wintour mingling with Jennifer Lawrence, think again.
Although it's not New York, Milan, London or Paris, Toronto Fashion Week has its own unique highs and lows. Just the way we like it.
Here are the top 10 truths about Toronto Fashion Week:
1. Everyone Is On Their Phone, Not Paying Attention To Each Other
Don't bug me, I'm tweeting.
2. Anna Wintour Isn't There
She's our spirit animal.
4. Those New Heels You Bought? Yeah, They Will Hurt A Ton
Our shoes are filling with blood.
5. Shows Hardly Ever Start On Time
So. Much. Waiting.
6. You Probably Won't End Up On A Street Style Blog
SOMEONE TAKE OUR PICTURE OMG.
7. There Are Lots Of Designers You've Never Heard Of
Hooray for new talent!
8. Stacey McKenzie Is The Unofficial Face Of Toronto Fashion Week
One word: fierce.
9. Shows Don't Last Longer Than 10 Minutes
Their long legs make them twice as fast as mortal humans.
10. Flare, Fashion And Elle Canada Won't Offer You A Job
But you can try your hardest to be an assistant.
11. There Are Cliques, Just Like High School
Know your place in the Toronto fashion hierarchy.
12. It's Always Cold. Always.
F- you, Polar Vortex!
World MasterCard Fashion Week runs from March 17 to March 21.