04/11/2014 08:44 EDT | Updated 06/11/2014 05:59 EDT

Christina Noudga, accused in Tim Bosma death, in Hamilton court today

Christina Noudga, the most recent person arrested in the death nearly a year ago of 32-year-old Tim Bosma, is set to appear in a Hamilton court this morning.

Police arrested the 21-year-old Toronto woman on Thursday. She's charged with accessory after the fact in the killing of the Ancaster, Ont., father.

Bosma, 32, died last May after he took two men on a test drive in a truck he was looking to sell. He never returned home, and on May 14, police announced his burned remains had been found on a Waterloo-area farm. 

Noudga was arrested in the Greater Toronto Area on Thursday and then transported to Hamilton, police say.

Toronto police officers and Hamilton forensics investigators were at Noudga's family home in Toronto on Thursday afternoon.

Two Ontario men face first-degree murder charges in the slaying. Police arrested aviation heir Dellen Millard, of Toronto, and Mark Smich of Oakville last May. 

Paul Mergler, Noudga’s lawyer, told CBC News he is not speaking with the media. "I can’t tell you you anything at this stage," he said.

On Thursday, Ontario Provincial Police also linked Millard to the 2012 death of his father Wayne and the disappearance of Toronto resident Laura Babcock. 

Millard faces a first-degree murder charge in each death. 

Smich, 26, also faces a first-degree murder charge in connection with the death of 23-year-old Babcock, who went missing in the summer of 2012, OPP announced Thursday.

A former neighbour of Millard's says the new murder charges raises additional questions about the 28-year-old's past behaviour.

"It was only the Tim Bosma thing at that point but then they said his girlfriend had gone missing," said Nicolas Constantin. "So that kind of raised a couple red flags so I was like ‘What else has he done?' "

No further statements: police

Babcock's death is now being considered Toronto's 55th homicide of 2012, while Wayne Millard's death is the 56th, Toronto police Staff Insp. Greg McLane said during an afternoon news conference. The new charges were formally laid against Millard and Smich in a Toronto courtroom.

"Now that the cases are before the criminal courts, police will not be making statements or taking questions," McLane told reporters.

"The investigation is continuing into all three matters until all investigative leads have been followed," he said.

Before he died, Wayne Millard was starting up Millardair MRO, described as "a new provider for aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul service." Millard Air was incorporated in 1963 and eventually had a fleet of 21 planes. The charter airline was based at Toronto's Pearson airport, and operated until it went into bankruptcy protection in 1990.

The elder Millard's body was found in November 2012. Police have not revealed what specific information led to the additional murder charges. Police reopened the case last fall.

Not in a 'traditional relationship'

Toronto police have said that Babcock and Millard were "romantically linked" but not in a "traditional dating relationship."

Det. Mike Carbone told CBC News last June that Babcock was known to be involved in the sex-trade business for several months prior to her disappearance, but he added that, as far as he knew, Millard was not involved in the sex-trade business. A farm owned by Millard in Waterloo Region was searched by police last last fall in relation to Babcock's disappearance.

The Babcock family told CBC News that they are "completely devastated."

"We are heartbroken, still with today's news we don't feel any further ahead than we did yesterday," the family said. "As you can imagine, this is any parent's worst nightmare. It's been two years since she's been gone but a glimmer of hope remains — we want proof."

A former acquaintance of Millard's, who says she had attended almost two dozen parties at his home in the Toronto suburb of Etobicoke, told CBC News that Millard and Noudga were dating.

"But [Millard] and Laura [Babcock] were just fooling around," she said. "He kept Laura around and gave her drugs."

The source asked CBC not to use her name because she said she was "terrified" of Millard. She described many of his parties as fuelled by cocaine and the drug MDMA and recalled several times when large brawls broke out.

"It's disturbing," she said. "I've been alone in a house with him."

“It was only the Tim Bosma thing at that point but then they said his girlfriend had gone missing. So that kind of raised a couple red flags so I was like ‘What else has he done?’”

Outpourings of sympathy

Bosma went missing on May 6, 2013. He had advertised a black Dodge pickup truck for sale online. His wife, Sharlene, last saw him leave with two men to take the truck for a test drive. Police announced a week later that he was dead, and that investigators had found his burned remains at a Cambridge-area farm.

The case has inspired international interest and outpourings of sympathy from across the country. Sharlene Bosma has started a charity, Tim’s Tribute, for victims of crime and their families.

The Bosma family released a statement saying they were informed about the additional charges against Millard and Smich.

"We extend our most sincere condolences to the Babcock family. The eight days we searched for Tim were eight days of indescribable emotions," the statement reads.

"We can only imagine what the last almost two years have been like for the Babcock family. Our prayers are with those that are hurting with this news today."

Toronto and Hamilton police are still heading up their respective investigations into the deaths of Bosma, Babcock and Millard's father, but the three cases have now been streamlined under the OPP's Major Case Management (MCM) system.

The MCM system is used so that valuable information that links multiple cases can be shared between police forces when “serial predators and offenders are concerned,” said OPP spokesman Pierre Chamberland.