At a campaign stop on Monday, Wynne said she supports a plan for Ontario Place that "embraces recreation and entertainment" and one that turns the property into "a year-round music destination."
Wynne says the Liberal vision for a revitalized Ontario Place would include:- Creating a music destination that would bring live music acts to the site all year-round
- Developing a separate major cultural attraction, beyond the music.
- Building a new 7.5-acre urban park, completed in time for the 2015 Pan Am and Parapan Am Games.
- Establishing a new waterfront trail that would connect Ontario Place to the existing Martin Goodman trail.
- Protecting and re-purposing the existing Cinesphere and pods as an important part of the cultural heritage of the site
- Lining a waterfront canal district with stores and restaurants
Wynne chided the Progressive Conservative and NDP, saying neither party has a vision for Ontario Place, which first opened in 1971.