Happy birthday Huffington Post Canada! This week, Canada’s online newspaper turns three.
It’s been three short, amazing years. And we’d like to thank each and every one of you (yes, you) for being our loyal readers, followers and contributors.
To celebrate, we’ve put together a list of all the many things that are — much like HuffPost Canada — better in threes.
1. The Lord of the Rings book trilogy
The movies are pretty amazing, too.
2. The three levels of Canadian government when they (try to) work together (sometimes)
That's municipal, provincial and federal in case you're wondering.
3. But the best part about the Canadian government is that they sometimes give us three-day-long weekends
Then you get to do things like watch endless hours of TV and movies.
4. And obviously those movies are better in 3D
Except, hopefully you don't do this.
5. We're always going to miss these three together
But, we WILL survive.
6. This beautiful sandwich, made with the holy trinity of sandwiches — bacon, lettuce and tomato
7. And pretty much any food with three cheeses wins
8. This literary classic
9. Three piece suits
Or whatever Robert Downey Jr. is wearing.
10. Rock, paper, scissors would be confusing if there were more than three options
11. Three delicious scoops of ice cream, preferably in three different flavours
12. The Three Amigos
13. Ketchup, relish and mustard — because they belong together
14. The third try is a charm
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."
15. The three Rs of environmentalism
Reduce, reuse and recycle!
16. Three's Company
17. Three-legged race
A family picnic classic.
18. The Star Wars trilogy
The original movies, of course.
19. A hat trick in any sport is pretty awesome
Especially if it's the Leafs.
20. This wonderfully addictive game that manages to make math fun
21. These adorable fairies from Sleeping Beauty
Because, why not.
22. Three-course dinners
23. The third strike
If you're on the other team, of course.
24. Gold, silver and bronze medals
So the other teams don't feel so bad for losing.
25. The Three Musketeers
Basically, friends are just better in threes.
26. You'll need three wishes to make all your dreams come true
27. Three is the best number out there. Even Elmo thinks so.