It should be a time of rejoicing: warm weather is finally here, which means we get to pull out all our cute summer dresses that have been waiting for what seems like a millennium in our closets.
However, despite our happiness at the prospect of not wearing boots and sweaters for at least a few months, there are a few things that bother us about wearing dresses in the summer.
There's nothing better than feeling a warm summer breeze on your legs and the sun of your shoulders... until that breeze turns into a gust and the rays burn you.
So, here are the 15 most annoying things about wearing dresses in the summer. Did we miss any? Do you agree? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter at @HuffPostCaStyle:
1. When a strong wind threatens to lift up your dress for the world to see
And you're forced to hold the skirt down while walking like a robot.
2. One word: biking
Sometimes you show a bit more skin than you want to.
3. You have to dry clean or hand-wash them. Sob!
4. If you don't put on sunscreen, you can really burn yourself
5. All the creases you get when sitting in an office chair for eight + hours a day
6. Office dress codes
You can't wear what you really want to.
7. Your dress rides up too high when you cross your legs
8. You have to shave at least every other day
9. You have to keep up with all the new dress trends
It can be hard on the wallet.
10. When you realize the dress you wore last summer doesn't fit anymore
11. When you realize that you haven't washed your dress since last year
12. When you actually get tired of wearing them
You can't wait to wear pants again.
13. When someone shows up at an event wearing the same dress as you
You just wanna burn it to the ground.
14. When you realize you'll never be as flawless as Lupita Nyong'o and her Prada gown
15. When you try to DIY your dress but it goes horribly wrong
Also on HuffPost