NEWS
05/28/2014 04:39 EDT | Updated 07/28/2014 05:59 EDT

1 person dead after carbon monoxide exposure at GTA highrise

One person has died after being exposed to carbon monoxide in the underground garage of a Scarborough, Ont., highrise, police said Wednesday. 

Three others were transported to hospital with minor injuries, all due to carbon monoxide exposure. 

According to Toronto EMS, four people were power washing the garage floor when one of the workers lost consciousness. 

The first six storeys of the building at 15 Torrance Road have been evacuated as emergency crews ventilate the complex.

TTC buses have arrived on scene to provide shelter for people forced out of their homes.

More to come.