The airline tweeted a link for travellers to check their flight status and rebook online. It said change fees would be waived.
Emergency crews are responding to calls about downed power lines, trees leaning on power poles and fallen tree branches blocking roads.
The city has opened its Emergency Management Centre to co-ordinate calls. Officials ask that only emergency calls be made to 911 about downed power lines or other life-threatening events.
Other calls about fallen trees should be made to the 311 call centre.
Officials said crews are having to prioritize, and respond to the most urgent situations.
Police and fire crews are taping off areas where there may be a risk to people, such as a power line lying across a road.
“It's miserable outside, folks. Please leave extra time, drive safely, and, if you can, avoid morning rush hour travel today,” tweeted Mayor Naheed Nenshi.
Enmax says there are power outages in several parts of the city, including:
- Kelvin Grove, Haysboro, Glenmore Park, Eagle Ridge, Chinook Park, Bayview.
- Willow Park, Acadia.
- Rural W, Rural N.W., Greenwood/Greenbriar, Cougar Ridge, Bowness.
- Tuscany, Rural N.W., Royal Vista, Royal Oak, Rocky Ridge.
- Montgomery, Bowness.
- Westgate, Shaganappi, Rosscarrock, Killarney/Glengarry, Glendale.
- Varsity, Chinook Park, MacLeod Trail, Willow Park, Oakridge.
- Woodlands, Glenbrook.
- Mount Royal, Marda Loop.
- Spruce Cliff.