Toronto Mayor Rob Ford and his family are still waiting for more information about the tumour that has been discovered inside his abdomen.
Ford, 45, went to Humber River Hospital last Wednesday, at which point doctors discovered a tumour. He moved to Mount Sinai Hospital the next day.
The media was given a briefing about the mayor's condition last Thursday, by Dr. Zane Cohen, who described the tumour as being "a fair size" and located in Ford's mid-to-lower abdomen.
At that time, Cohen said that the results of a biopsy would not be available for about a week.
The mayor's wife, Renata Ford, had little new information to share when approached by reporters outside the hospital on Sunday.
"We're just waiting for the test results, really," she said. "[There's] nothing else I can tell you."
She said that their two children are "doing well."
The discovery of the tumour prompted the mayor to drop his bid for re-election.
In a statement on Friday, Ford said he "could be facing a battle of my lifetime," which is why he has decided not to run for mayor. Instead, his name will appear on the ballot as a candidate for councillor in Ward 2, which he previously represented before he was elected as mayor four years ago.
His brother, Coun. Doug Ford, is running for mayor in his place.
On Sunday, the councillor-turned-mayoral-candidate was absent from a debate with high-profile contenders Olivia Chow and John Tory.
He spoke briefly with reporters outside Mount Sinai Hospital, answering a few questions, including how the mayor is feeling.
"He's in a little bit of pain," Doug Ford said Sunday afternoon.
Asked how the mayor was doing emotionally, he said "it's tough for everyone right now."
ALSO ON HUFFPOST: