CAIRO - The Confederation of African Football has denied claims by the Guinea Football Federation that the temporary ban on games in the Ebola-hit country has been lifted.
CAF says no decision will be taken until its executive committee meets on Friday and Saturday in Ethiopia.
CAF last month banned the West Africa nations of Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia from hosting games because of the deadly virus outbreak. It said it would reassess the situation in mid-September.
CAF said on Tuesday that the new assessment would be done in consultation with the World Health Organization.
Guinea and Sierra Leone are competing in the final round of qualifiers for next year's African Cup of Nations. Sierra Leone has decided to play all of its scheduled home games in Congo, but Guinea wants to host matches.