10/21/2014 08:01 EDT | Updated 12/21/2014 05:59 EST

Arson suspected in Grandravine Drive fire

A fire that broke out in a home on Grandravine Drive early Tuesday is being investigated as arson after it appears something was thrown through a ground-floor window.

The fire broke out at around 4 a.m. on the ground floor of the two-storey detached home at 10 Grandravine Dr., near Keele Street.

A couple who lives in the building heard a loud bang and came downstairs to find smoke in the ground-floor kitchen, where firefighters contained the fire.

The couple were treated for minor smoke inhalation. They are expected to be OK as are a number of cats and dogs rescued from the building.