Every time the seasons change from fall to winter, we can't help but get a little giddy with excitement. You see, we love winter fashion; we can't get enough of the fuzzy sweaters, cozy layers, and gorgeous coats that come with the season. That is, the first two months of the season.
Once we get used to the cold, we start resenting it. In short: winter ruins everything (especially if you're a fashionista). But even though we ask ourselves why in the world we stay in a place with such low temperatures for the majority of the year (love ya, Canada!), we never leave. We brave through it, one ugly winter boot-wearing foot at a time. (Whyyyy?)
Instead of leaving, we just wallow in our own cold-weather sorrows.
So, here are all the reasons winter sucks when you're a fashion girl.
1. You always have to wear tights, even if a dress/skirt looks better without them.
You can try to brave the cold, but you know it won't be worth it.
2. Having to add a million layers over your outfit just to stay warm is the worst.
Don't get us wrong, layering is great, but ask us about it after a six month long winter and then see what we say.
3. And because of said layers, getting ready takes triple the time.
"Be there in 10 minutes!...Actually, make that a half an hour... at the earliest. Just putting on my coat!"
4. Blanket scarves aren't actually easy to pull off
You seriously need a personal stylist to make these things look good.
5. Open toed shoes are just a huge no. (There goes half your shoe collection.)
Even though they're so cute! And you want them all.
6. And don't even get us started on suede.
If you even buy a pair of suede shoes or boots during the winter season, everyone looks at you like you're crazy.
7. Hat hair is a real thing.
And it's horrible. (So much for styling your locks!)
8. Then there's static, a.k.a. a fashionista's worst enemy.
Whether it's affecting your hair or your skirt, we think it's safe to say it SUCKS.
9. A stylish winter coat that's also warm is NOT easy to find.
10. Neither are winter boots.
Why must they all be so clunky and ugly? Or worse, why are people still wearing Uggs?
11. Or mittens.
Our poor fingers.
12. Fall/winter runway trends, beautiful as they may be, can't really stand up to the brutal cold.
They look nice though! And we can dream...
13. All of our shirts get wrinkled underneath sweaters and cardigans.
14. Wearing dark lipstick is pretty much a disaster thanks to our chapped lips.
So. Much. Flaking. We guess we'll have to settle for lip balm.
15. Basically, winter is just the worst.
Can it just be done soon?