Women's groups in Ontario are lining up to stop two of Bill Cosby's shows from happening in the province next month.
The comedian, who is facing a series of sexual assault allegations, is booked to perform in Kitchener on Jan. 7, London on Jan. 8, and Hamilton on Jan. 9.
Hamilton's Woman Abuse Working Group (WAWG) issued a news release Friday urging people to contact Global Spectrum, the U.S.-based company that operates Hamilton Place, and "ask them to cancel the show."
If it goes ahead, then WAWG will organize a "peaceful" demonstration outside.
"We question the support of alleged rapists and are especially concerned about the message this sends to survivors of abuse and violence — that celebrity and entertainment are more important than taking a strong stand on violence against women," the news release said.
Hamilton Place general manager Scott Warren previously told The Globe and Mail that it's up to the show's promoter to decide whether the show happens there or it doesn't.
WAWG's call came on the heels of opposition to the Jan. 8 show by the London Abused Women's Centre, which plans to hold a big protest outside the city's Budweiser Gardens if the event runs as planned, CTV News reported.
Executive director Megan Walker told the network that the centre has received numerous messages indicating that people are unhappy that Cosby's performance is still going on.
"Given the huge number of women who have come forward ... I think we need to take that evidence and support women and believe their stories," she told CTV.
Cosby, 77, has faced public accusations from 25 different women, Slate reported.
The latest allegation comes from supermodel Beverly Johnson, who said in Vanity Fair that Cosby drugged her by slipping a substance into a cappuccino at his New York home in the mid-'80s.
U.S. lawyer Gloria Allred has suggested that Cosby waive the statue of limitations on allegations against him, or else hand over $100 million for his accusers and allow retired judges to look over the accusations.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST: