12/16/2014 01:46 EST | Updated 02/15/2015 05:59 EST

B.C. Woman Died After Huffing Compressed Gas From 'Dusters'

ABBOTSFORD, B.C. - Police in Abbotsford, B.C., say a 36-year-old woman who was found dead earlier this year fatally overdosed on compressed gas from cans of computer cleaner.

Officers say they have been working closely with the BC Coroners Service since the woman's body was found in a wooded area on the morning of July 30.

Investigators say the woman was a Mission resident who had recently moved to B.C. and lived alone with her two dogs.

Police say six cans of computer cleaner were found near her body and the coroner's service has concluded that she died of exposure to difluoroethane gas.

Officers are warning the public that these so-called gas dusters contain chemicals that can have devastating affects on the lungs, central nervous system and brain when inhaled.

Also on HuffPost

Photo gallery Stars Talk About Addiction See Gallery