Highways across the B.C. Interior have been closed after another snowstorm hit the region overnight Monday.
Environment Canada is warning the storm is expected to bring more snow and possible freezing rain to many parts of the B.C. Interior on Tuesday.
As of 7 a.m. PT there was a significant number of road closures and advisories on B.C. highways, including:
- The Coquihalla Highway near Hope because of trees down on the highway.
- Highway 1 west of Revelstoke, and between Revelstoke and Golden because of high avalanche hazards.
- Highway 1 just east of Chilliwack near Flood-Hope Road because of falling rock.
- Highway 3 over the Kootenay Pass for the same reason.
- Highway 31 in the West Kootenay in two places because of the avalanche hazard.
- Highway 20 in the Chilcotin, between Bella Coola and Anahim Lake because of slide risk.
There are also travel advisories for Highway 16 from just east of Terrace to Burns Lake because of blowing snow. And highways 35, 37 and 118 in northwest B.C. also have advisories because of blowing snow.
Several school districts have also closed schools for the day because of the heavy snow and possibility of freezing rain making driving conditions dangerous on Tuesday.