Nothing looks classier than a braid. The twists and turns of the knots are eye-catching and are universally flattering. The pretty hairstyle also shows you put just a little bit (or a lot) of effort into your 'do.
In picking braids we loved, we thought it fitting to turn to the ladies who regularly influence our style choices (hello, Jessica Chastain!). Some of these plaits look almost impossible, but take a close look and you'll realize that there are only a few different kinds, and you can find tutorials for almost all of them online.
In the meantime, check out some amazing celebrity braids below. There are ideas for every kind of hair, from short and fine to thick and long.
- Jessica Chastain's Tiered BraidJordan Strauss/Invision/AP
- Kate Bosworth's Tiny Braided Bun
- Maria Menounos' Perfect Part
- Jessica Alba's Little French Braid
- Shailene Woodley's Loose And Easy Fishtail
- Selena Gomez's Queenly Plait
- Sienna Miller's Perfect Braided Crown
- Rihanna's Inverted French Braid
- Blake Lively's Thick Ponytail
- Naya Rivera's Funky Centre French Braid
- Chrissy Teigen's Tiny Plait
- Perrie Edwards' Simple Headband
- Alicia Keys' Incredible Updo
- Beyonce's Heidi-esque Braided Headband
- Lucy Liu's Thick Fishtail
- Behati Prinsloo's Edgy Pony
- Deepika Padukone's Refined Side Braid
- Dianna Agron's Fishtail Updo
- Jennifer Morrison's Two-Toned Plait
- Bella Thorne's Colourful Side Style
- Emma Watson's Teeny-Tiny Braids