Here's what we know about Phillips, who is linked to an investigation that began in Cole Harbour, N.S., on Tuesday.
From various police forces:- Police were tipped off after receiving a call from his wife.
- Police sources say Phillips was living in the Halifax area and drove to Ottawa in a van.
- He's a former U.S. military weapons specialist with possible mental–health issues, according to an RCMP-issued internal communication.
- At the time of his arrest, Phillips was allegedly in possession of the precious metals osmium and osmium tetroxide, according to the same RCMP memo. Osmium textroxide is a highly poisonous and volatile substance that can easily penetrate the skin and should not be used without a fume hood.
- Ottawa police say they are holding Phillips on a Canada-wide warrant issued relating to charges in Nova Scotia.
From Phillips's LinkedIn profile:- Holds a bachelor of science in chemistry and biology degree from Southwestern Oklahoma State University.
- Studied medicine at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine.
- Did his ophthalmology residency at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine.
- Received a cornea and refractive surgical fellowship from the Boston University School of Medicine.
- Studied medical and business law at Suffolk University Law School.
Other information:- The College of Physicians and Surgeons in Nova Scotia says there is no Christopher Phillips licensed to practise medicine in the province.
- Phillips was married to U.S. Olympic gold-medal-winning gymnast Shannon Miller from 1999-2006, according to multiple news sources.