02/04/2015 08:16 EST | Updated 04/06/2015 05:59 EDT

Jenique Dalcourt homicide: Woman says she was attacked in same area 2 days earlier

A Montreal woman says she was sexually assaulted by an unknown assailant in Longueuil, in the same area where Jenique Dalcourt was killed two days later.

Carole Thomas told CBC Daybreak she is speaking out about what happened to her because she believes the police did not take her case seriously.

Last October, the body of 23-year-old Dalcourt was found beaten to death along a bike path in an Old Longueuil park. According to Radio-Canada’s police sources, she had been sexually assaulted.

Thomas said just two days before that, she had been walking from a bus stop to l'Institut de théologie pour la francophonie, a theological school on Industrial Park Street.

The single mother said a man got out of a car and headed towards her.

"He tossed me over his shoulder like I was a sack of potatoes. He threw me into the back seat and threw himself on top of me," she said. "He was very heavy, like a brick on top of my body."

She alleged the man muffled her screams for help while he hit and violated her for more than 20 minutes.

Then, she said, he put on his pants, tossed her hers and threw her out of the car "like a piece of garbage."

She said she returned home to her daughter in a state of shock. The next morning, she went to a Montreal police station near her work. They transferred the case to Longueuil police, where she said she was asked a series of inappropriate questions about the perpetrator’s penis.

She said the police told her they would call her back so they could get a sketch done of the suspect, but that they never called.

In an interview with CBC Daybreak host Mike Finnerty on Wednesday, Thomas said she was recently informed her rape kit was sent to provincial police for testing two months after the attack.

Const. Tommy Lacroix of Longueuil police confirmed his force received a complaint and that the file is still open, but he would not comment further.