In a 40-second appearance Thursday, the former CBC Radio host's lawyer said she was still awaiting disclosure.
Ghomeshi was not present.
He is scheduled to appear again March 27 for a judicial pretrial — a conference between defence and prosecution under the eye of a judge.
The disgraced former host faces seven counts of sexual assault and one of overcoming resistance by choking.
Ghomeshi has admitted engaging in rough sex but said it was consensual.
"There is some outstanding material we're waiting for but we all want to move this along," defence lawyer Marie Henein told court.
Henein did not talk to the crush of reporters who followed her out the courthouse, but she has previously said her client will plead not guilty to all charges.
CBC fired Ghomeshi, 47, in October after executives saw what they described as graphic evidence that he had physically injured a woman.
The alleged assaults for which he is charged occurred between 2002 and 2008.
Also on HuffPost