03/16/2015 01:16 EDT | Updated 03/16/2015 01:59 EDT

Foods You Can Overdose On

This is why you shouldn't eat the same foods all day.

We may all think we're "addicted" to some foods, but as it turns out, eating a lot of one thing can eventually lead to overdose.

According to DNews in the video above, overconsumption of some everyday foods and vitamins can cause serious health issues. Even though food addiction and eating addictions are completely different things, overdosing on foods (just as with drugs) means solely eating or drinking one thing for a long period of time.

The video discusses a 10-year-old boy in Italy who had brain swelling, seizures and black teeth after eating 20 black licorice toffees every day for four months. The boy's story, which is now used as a case study, mentions glycyrrhizic acid, which is 50 times sweeter than sugar, and found in licorice.

The ingredient is actually used in medicines to treat everything from ulcers to chronic hepatitis, but that doesn't mean it's safe. No matter your age, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration doesn't recommend eating a large amount of glycyrrhizic acid at any point, as it can cause irregular heart rhythms, among other issues.

The video also goes into other examples, like vitamin C and potato overdoses, that can cause everything from headaches to digestive problems if consumed in high quantities. But don't worry, the chances of overdosing on these foods is extremely low. Watch the video above to find out about some of these rare cases and how you can stay safe.

Also on HuffPost