07/04/2015 03:29 EDT | Updated 07/04/2016 05:59 EDT

Boucherville tragedy: Jérémie and Gabriel Dubuc remembered by loved ones

The day after the bodies of Michel Dubuc and his two young sons Gabriel and Jérémie were discovered inside a Boucherville, Que., home, friends, family and neighbours are trying to make sense of what happened.

"I've known [Jérémie] since he was seven years old. I was his music teacher. When I found out it was him, I got shivers down my legs," said Charline Leblanc, who also lives nearby."I had difficulty sleeping."

Jérémie, 21, and 19-year-old Gabriel did not live with their father, but elsewhere in Boucherville with their mother, France Ainsley, said Caroline Gosselin.

Gosselin, the organizer of a Saturday night vigil to remember the two young men, knew the family through Ainsley's new husband.

Gosselin said she found it sad that news media had described those found dead as quiet and reserved. She said the father may have been, but that she always found Jérémie, Gabriel and their mother to be anything but.

"They had a lot of friends. They were well-loved," Gosselin said.

She said she was closer to Jérémie, whom she remembers as a music lover who was learning to play the guitar. 

The vigil organized by Gosselin is scheduled to take place at 9 p.m. Saturday in front of Michel Dubuc's home at 1179 De Blois Street. 

Gosselin said the intention of the vigil is to give people a way to express their support for the family.

"To show we're there for the mother," she said.

Terrebonne shooting kills 2

On Friday, Quebec provincial police confirmed that a shooting at a Terrebonne law office on Thursday afternoon and the deaths in Boucherville were connected.

Dubuc's longtime lawyer Benoît Côté, 51, was shot. Notary Marie-Josée Sills, 30, rented office space from the owners, and police said her shooting was a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Both were confirmed dead by the Sûreté du Québec on Saturday afternoon.

The elder Dubuc had a $1.2-million lawsuit pending against Côté and two other people related to a failed business venture.

The lawsuit, filed in 2013, alleged professional misconduct after a business-venture agreement Côté had negotiated for Dubuc went south. Côté and the other defendants have not yet filed a statement of defence in the case, and Côté's lawyer could not be reached for comment.

The most recent court date in the case was last Monday.

Boucherville tragedy unfolds

On Friday morning, police officers on Montreal's South Shore were asked to go to Dubuc's home by a concerned friend or relative.

Officers found the bodies of Dubuc and his sons inside the home.

There was also a fire in the master bedroom that appeared to have been set with the use of an accelerant. Firefighters quickly put out the fire, and police confirmed the presence of the three bodies.

Police said there were firearms in the house and they believe at least two of the people inside may have been shot.

The vigil is scheduled to begin Saturday, July 4 at 9 p.m. in front of 1179 De Blois Street in Boucherville.