10/23/2015 22:02 EDT | Updated 10/23/2016 01:12 EDT

Veteran quarterback Glenn throws three TDs to lead Als past Argos 34-2

HAMILTON — Kevin Glenn threw three TD passes to lead the Montreal Alouettes to a convincing 34-2 win over the Toronto Argonauts on Friday night at Tim Hortons Field.

Glenn was impressive in just his second start for Montreal (6-10), which snapped a four-game losing streak to remain in contention for the third and final West Division playoff spot. After throwing three interceptions in last weekend's 23-11 home loss to Hamilton, Glenn was 27-of-35 for 294 yards before giving way Anthony Boone in the fourth quarter.

Just 3,741 spectators attended the contest, relocated from Rogers Centre because of the baseball playoffs. Once again, all the spectators sat in the East stands as TV cameras shot the action from the West section.

Only 3,401 watched the Calgary Stampeders dispatch Toronto 27-15 last weekend at Tim Hortons Field.

Montreal earned its second road win in Hamilton, snapping the Ticats' 10-game home win streak Aug. 27 with a 26-23 victory.

Toronto (9-7) suffered its second straight loss at Tim Hortons Field and fell to 0-5 at the stadium since it opened last year. The Argos have clinched an East Division playoff spot but remain tied with Ottawa (9-6) for second. The Redblacks visit the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Saturday.

Toronto has played more home games on the road (four) than at Rogers Centre (three). The Argos are 2-2 in road home contests and 2-1 at the dome.

Toronto starter Trevor Harris was 11-of-14 passing for 102 yards and an interception before being replaced by veteran Ricky Ray in the fourth. Ray was 12-of-15 for 94 yards in his first action of the season since having off-season shoulder surgery, his first pass being a 19-yard completion to Kevin Elliott.

Ray also had a six-yard TD strike to Elliott nullified by off-setting interference penalties with six seconds remaining.

After Boris Bede's 18-yard field goal at 7:18 of the third quarter, Glenn found Brandon Rutley on a four-yard touchdown pass at 5:20 of the fourth to round out the scoring.

Tyrell Sutton, with two, and Fred Stamps had Montreal's other touchdowns. Bede booted three converts, two field goals and a single.

Toronto's points came on a safety.

Bede's 43-yard field goal at 14:45 of the second staked Montreal to an emphatic 25-2 half-time lead.

Bede's boot was set up by Jearld Brown's 26-yard interception return to the Toronto 39-yard line. The Argos had no answer for Glenn, who was 18-of-24 passing for 187 yards with two TDs in the opening half.

Glenn's six-yard TD strike to Sutton at 4:10 of the first opened the scoring and capped an impressive eight-play, 71-yard drive to start the contest. Following Bede's 54-yard punt single at 12:59, Glenn found Stamps on a six-yard touchdown pass at 6:39 of the second to end an impressive 81-yard, nine-play march.

Sutton's three-yard touchdown run at 10:12 put Montreal ahead 22-0. It was set up by Stefan Logan's 27-yard punt return to the Toronto 16-yard line.

For the second straight game here, Toronto's offence struggled in the opening half, registering just five first downs and 80 net yards. Harris was 8-of-11 passing but for just 84 yards with the pick.

Dan Ralph, The Canadian Press