Provincial police force Sûreté du Québec confirmed the schools are closed due to bomb threats.
Depuis ce matin, plusieurs écoles du Québec sont visées par des alertes à la bombe. Des policiers sont déployés dans les écoles concernées.— Sûreté du Québec (@sureteduquebec) November 3, 2015
In a series of tweets sent just before 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, the board said the following schools, daycares and centres are closed:- Eardley Elementary School.
- Buckingham Elementary School.
- South Hall Elementary School.
- Symmes Junior High.
- D'Arcy McGee High School.
- Wakefield Elementary School.
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Elementary School.
- Greater Gatineau Elementary School.
- Chelsea Elementary School.
- Lord Aylmer Elementary School.
- Philemon Wright High School.
- Hull Adult Education Centre.
- Western Quebec Career Centre.
"We had to close the schools due to an emergency situation and to ensure the safety and security of all students and personnel," said Paul Lamoureux, the board's director general.
Schools at the board are also set to be closed on Wednesday for labour action by school support staff.