11/11/2015 02:25 EST | Updated 11/11/2015 02:59 EST

J.K. Rowling Says There's An American Word For Muggle

The final Harry Potter book came out over eight years ago, and we're still discovering new bits of information about that fantastical world.

In a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, author J.K. Rowling reveals that the word "muggle" isn't universal. According to Rowling, muggles is a U.K. term — American wizards instead use the term 'No-Maj', a short form of 'no magic', to refer to people who don't practice magic.

The revelation comes as the Harry Potter prequel Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them starring Eddie Redmayne begins filming. As Rowling explained to EW, this book and film takes place in America, and as a result, will add new words to the existing Potter dictionary.

This is just one of many revelations the author has disclosed since the Harry Potter series wrapped. A few months ago, Rowling confirmed on Twitter that we have all been pronouncing Voldemort incorrectly.

Last year, Rowling even announced she regrets pairing up Ron and Hermoine, which of course broke many fans' hearts.

And Harry Potter fans aren't a quiet crew either. Earlier this week, "Late Show" host Stephen Colbert took to the air waves to call out the author and all the recent changes, and we couldn't agree more.

Fortunately, we're Canadian, and Canada is a British colony — so despite Rowling's most recent reveal, we're still saying muggles!

Do you like the term no-maj, or are you stuck on using muggle? Let us know in the comments below.

Also on HuffPost

Harry Potter Gifts